It is possible to check by the VIN -- Rebel Mob can probably tell you the age, but if you need to have an official dating certificate for road tax. Carenado g1000 manual. 1979 motobecane 50v mobylette. What would be the best stuff to look for when buying a used moped, motobecane to be specific? They are serial number.
Motobécane was a French manufacturer of bicycles, mopeds, motorcycles, and other small vehicles, established in 1923. 'Motobécane' is a portmanteau made up of two colloquialisms stuck together. 'Moto' is a slang word for motorcycle; 'bécane' is slang for 'bike.'
Motobécane introduced a moped, the Mobylette, in 1949; over the next 48 years, Motobécane manufactured 14 million Mobylettes.
- Motobecane 50 - The base model, has a single speed 'dimoby' transmission
- Motobecane 50L - (L=Luxe) is a trim upgrade for Motobecane 50 with the single speed 'dimoby' transmission
- Motobecane 50LC - Has trim upgrade, dimoby and (C=Clignotants) turn signals
- Motobecane 50V - The variated model, has a continuously variable transmission or 'variator'
- Motobecane 50VL - (L=Luxe) is a trim upgrade for Motobecane 50 with the continuously variable transmission or 'variator'
- Motobecane 50VLA - (L=Luxe) is a trim upgrade for Motobecane 50 with the continuously variable transmission or 'variator'
- Motobecane 50VLC - Has trim upgrade, variator and (C=Clignotants) turn signals
- Motobecane 40T - Rigid rear suspension, base model, has a single speed 'dimoby' transmission
- Motobecane 40V - Rigid rear suspension with the continuously variable transmission or 'variator'
- List the rest
Under the name MBK, the company continues to manufacture scooters and mopeds for the European market.
Motobécane manufactured motorcycles from its inception in 1923 until its demise in 1981.
Motobécane was a major and respected manufacturer in the French bicycle industry. They built high-quality, low-cost frames that were a step ahead of many other French manufacturers.
In 1981, Motobécane filed for bankruptcy, and was subsequently purchased by Yamaha and reformed in 1984 as MBK; the French company continues to make motor scooters, and has no relation to Motobecane USA, which imports bicycles from Taiwan and China, manufactured to their specification under the Motobécane trademark.
Most moped companies were short lived enough that the evolution of their logo was slight or never happened. The Motobecane logo is an exception to this as it changed numerous times throughout the evolution of the company.
Repair and Performance Tuning Guides
- Motobecane manual (PDF) with full wiring guides.
- Thread on porting, cylinder differences, etc -- This should be turned into a Wiki page!
- Thread on creating new engine mounts -- This should also be turned into a Wiki page.
- Motobecane L'Amour - an informative blog post all about Motobecanes.
External Motobecane Links
- . Link to the LE M 50 79Z dual variated Morini engine shop manual in French
External Motobecane Parts supplier Links
collection of websites I have found searching for parts--Snotrocket 11:38, 18 July 2012 (EDT)
- The Kingdom of Treatland (gotta love the treats, super fast shipping)
- 1977 mopeds (Good product selection reallllly slow shipping)
- mob custom (pretty sweet website)
Last Decoded VIN
VIN Part Search - K&N Parts by Vehicle Identification Number
Ever wonder which Tomos you have? Well they've published a PDF file (a rather large one at that) with a vin decoder from 1976-2010.A speedy study of the posts suggesting helpful directions for visitors who are intending to purchase a used Vermeer indicates a repeated widespread advice, never mind what the dealer vows of to eliminate: the motor vehicle history check. Withal, while a old Polaris acquirer a person might need to be clear about what motor vehicle history report covers and what exactly sort of protection it presupposes. Searching for the VIN history records looks like the subtlest maneuver for an older motor car bargainee to reveal the frauds. Numerous duplicate VINs don't exist. When just anything significative happens to the motor vehicle, the data, as an example, the Unrec Theft - Salvage title, odometer faking, errors in current odometer checks, frequently even subordinate repair occasions, are accessible from businesses bundling the listings of such a type to rework it into sorted by date intelligible motor vehicle reports.