Download rosetta stone an eye for the main chance free shared files. An Anchor for the Soul The Morning Star.pdf from all world's most popular shared hosts. Discover Rosetta Stone's full discography. Shop new and used Vinyl and CDs. Rosetta Stone: An Eye For The Main Chance (Single) 2 versions: Expression Records: UK: 1991: Sell This Version: 2 versions. If anyone has any Rosetta memorabilia, live recordings in any format, merchandise etc they would like to sell please get in touch.
Elsewhere, the veteran stand-up comedian touches on fear of failure in both the bedroom ('Premature Ejaculation') and in the air ('Commuter Planes'). One of the funnier bits is a story about the sexual disfunction and accompanying medicinal side effects that resulted from recent pulmonary problems ('Heart Attack'). Robert schimmel un protected dvd. Parents will no doubt find humor in his stories of explaining to his daughter how circus animals get trained to do tricks ('Theme Parks') and his complaints about dealing with her horny main squeeze ('My Daughter's Boyfriend'). On Robert Schimmel's third album, the comedian offers more of his frank sexual monologues and other everyday observations from the standpoint of a middle-aged white guy who's been married for 22 years and has a teenage daughter. Schimmel is partial to salty language, but rather than aiming to shock, he uses such language as a garnish for his trademark sad-sack delivery and hilarious bits of self-deprecation.
For the band featuring Ian Mitchell, see. Rosetta Stone Origin Genres, Years active 1980s–1998 Labels Expression Records Minority / One Records DEppressION Records Futurity Records Associated acts Past members, Rosetta Stone were a band formed in the mid-1980s by (guitar/vocals/keyboards) and Karl North (bass), plus their drum machine and synthesizer rack nicknamed 'Madame Razor'. The band was named after the, an Egyptian historical artifact, and the band used much ancient mythological imagery, especially in their earlier work.
Their early style and first album reflected the jangly-guitar sounds of 1980s, and their first big break came after live gigs supporting the then already well-established band. ^ Maisey (4 Oct 2010).
Retrieved 19 May 2011. (8 July 2011). Retrieved 19 May 2011. Porl King.
Carbon Neutral Digital. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
Porl King. Retrieved 19 May 2011. Porl Young. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
Porl Young. Retrieved 19 May 2011. Retrieved 19 May 2011. Retrieved 19 May 2011. 17 March 1997. Retrieved 19 May 2011. External links.
official website (now inactive). Porl King's official website. on.
on. on Facebook. on Facebook.
on. Rosetta Stone fan site - with discography, biography, lyrics database & image gallery. on.
|Genres||Gothic rock, post-punk, alternative rock, darkwave|
|Years active||1980s–1998, 2019-|
Minority / One Records
|Past members||Porl King|
Rosetta Stone are a Britishgothic rock band formed in the mid-1980s by Porl King (guitar/vocals/keyboards) and Karl North (bass), plus their drum machine and synthesizer rack nicknamed 'Madame Razor'.
The band is named after the Rosetta Stone, an Egyptian historical artifact, and the band used much ancient mythological imagery, especially in their earlier work.
Their early style and first album reflected the jangly-guitar sounds of 1980s gothic rock, and their first big break came after live gigs supporting the then already well-established band The Mission. The band then moved to a more electronic sound before disbanding in 1998.
In 2019, a new album 'Seems Like Forever' was released.
After playing live gigs around Liverpool and then nationally from 1988 onwards and releasing several independently produced singles to increasing popularity, Rosetta Stone recorded their first full-length album, An Eye for the Main Chance, releasing it in 1991. They also recruited Porl Young as a second guitarist and toured extensively to promote the album.
Following on from this, the band released their most successful single, the 12' Adrenaline. Porl Young subsequently left the band to produce Children on Stun whilst Porl King and Karl North released a cover version of The Rattles' 1970 hit The Witch which took the band into the UK top 40 singles chart.
The band went on to sign a US record and distribution deal with Cleopatra Records who released much of their early cassette and vinyl singles and EPs in 1993 as an album under the title Foundation Stones, and a CD album Adrenaline which, along with the title track, also featuring earlier singles such as An Eye for the Main Chance and The Witch. In the UK they released a CD album (on Minority One) entitled On The Side Of Angels, compiling previous vinyl singles and their various remixes.
Using the advance money for 1995's The Tyranny of Inaction, Porl King purchased an AlesisADAT multi-track digital recorder, the use of which substantially changed Rosetta Stone's sound. That album and most subsequent work featured a much more industrial/electronic sound, with extensive use of sampling.
Following an accident in late 1997, Porl King lost part of his left little finger, which changed his guitar style considerably.
The band split in 1998 after releasing Chemical Emissions and a radical remix of Tyranny as a limited release CD gENDER cONFUSION and playing a final headlining live performance at the Whitby Gothic Weekend festival in October that year. Karl North went on to join the already-established UK band, the Dream Disciples (their next album Asphyxia notably featuring Karl's Rosetta-sounding bass), and their subsequent live performances attracted much of Rosetta Stone's most ardent UK fanbase.
Porl King produced one more album (contractually) of 80s new romantic cover versions under the name Rosetta Stone for Cleopatra Records. He then went on to work on other projects. Rosetta Stone was presumed to have finished as a band.
In May 2019, Rosetta Stone, still consisting solely of Porl King, released a new album 'Seems Like Forever' on Cleopatra Records, which included some new material plus songs previously released under Porl's Miserylab project re-recorded with more of Rosetta's signature guitar sound. The album was mixed by Jurgen Engler of Die Krupps.. A video was released to promote the track 'Tomorrow For Us'.
Members' related works
Porl King wrote and produced his own music throughout the noughties and early 2010s under the name Miserylab. King also operated as a remixer and producer, working for the likes of the Mercury Music Award -nominated Elbow and the Fluke side-project Syntax.
In the 2010s, King worked on the solo project In Death It Ends. The dark, foreboding nature of this project abandons prior interest in politics, and is connected with the witch house scene. Porl returned to release a new album under the Rosetta Stone name in 2019.
The Dream Disciples (Karl North) ceased to be active after their performance at Whitby Gothic Weekend in April 2004.
Porl Young was resident DJ at Heaven in London. He is co-owner of the Tuff Twins label, and has produced and mixed several club tunes.
Rosetta Stone were one of the biggest names in the 1990s UK goth live circuit, due both to frequent and extensive early touring and to the successful independent promotion and sales of their records. Porl King was one of the few well-known goth musicians to contribute actively to online discussions with fans, for example on Usenet's uk.people.gothic newsgroup. Their dedication, successive tours and live appearances have gained them a solid fanbase - the most loyal followers became known as 'Quarriers'.
- An Eye for the Main Chance (1991)
- The Tyranny of Inaction (1995, revised later that year with normalisation)
- Chemical Emissions (1998, also includes new hidden bonus track 'Plastic Toy')
- Unerotica (2000, US-exclusive release with reformatted 80s audio and cover versions of New Romantic classics)
- Seems Like Forever (2019, includes new material and reworked Miserylab tracks; streaming, MP3, CD and limited edition vinyl from Cleopatra Records)
- Under the Rose (1991, cassette only bootleg, re-released as a CDr in 1997)
- Adrenaline (1992, US-exclusive compilation of singles and remixes)
- On the Side of Angels (1993, UK-exclusive compilation of singles)
- Foundation Stones (1993, US-exclusive compilation of early material)
- Epitome (1993 EP, compilation of 'Adrenaline' and 'The Witch' remixes)
- Darkness and Light (1989)
- Leave Me for Dead (1991)
- An Eye for The Main Chance (1991)
- Adrenaline (1991)
- The Witch (1992)
- Nothing (1995)
- Hiding in Waiting (1996, EP that is occasionally considered an album)
- Tomorrow For Us (2019, released as single on streaming sites such as Bandcamp and Amazon Music, official video on YouTube)
Demos / Fan Club Releases
- Recreate and Emulate (1988, cassette only)
- Whispers (1988, cassette only)
- Chapter and Verse (1988, cassette only)
- Retribution (1989, cassette only)
- And How They Rejoice (1989, cassette only)
- Gender Confusion (1998, CD, limited edition of 500, remixes from Tyranny of Inaction)
- Shout At the Remix: A Tribute to Mötley Crüe (Cleopatra Records, 2000)
- Don't Blow Your Cover: A Tribute to KMFDM (2000)
- A Tribute to Tool (Cleopatra Records, 2002)
- We Will Follow: A Tribute to U2 (Cleopatra Records, 1999)
as Complicity (featuring members of Vendemmian, Altered States with production and keys/additional vocals from Rosetta Stone under the monikerwHATEver pRODUCTIONS)Playing God (17 March 1997; CD album; UK, Grave News Limited - Catalog# FETISH 16)
- ^ abcMaisey (4 October 2010). 'Under The Rose: Goth in the 1990s'. Terrorizer’s Dominion. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- ^ abc'Rosetta Stone reveals new album title, tracklist and artwork'. Side-Line. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- ^Side-Line (8 July 2011). 'Miserylab - 'This project is completely reliant on social media''. Side-Line. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- ^'90's Gothic Rock Band Rosetta Stone Returns with 'Seems Like Forever''. post-punk.com. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- ^'Side-Line exclusive video premiere: Rosetta Stone – Tomorrow For Us'. Side-Line. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- ^Porl King. 'miserylab.com (Official Site)'. Carbon Neutral Digital. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- ^Porl King. 'miserylab (Official)'. on Facebook. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- ^Porl Young. 'Porl Young (Official)'. on Facebook. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- ^Porl Young. 'Porl Young (Official)'. on MySpace. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- ^'Porl Young'. on Discogs. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- ^'wHATEver pRODUCTIONS'. on Discogs. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- ^'Complicity – Playing God'. on Discogs. 17 March 1997. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- Under The Rosetta Stone on Myspace
- Rosetta-Stone-Info.co.uk Rosetta Stone fan site - with discography, biography, lyrics database & image gallery
- Rosetta Stone on Discogs
- Porl Young on Facebook